What Does The Policy Cover
Our Tradesman Liability Policy is designed to accommodate a wide list of trades and occupations catering for self-employed, sole traders, and firms employing up to six people, including yourself.
The straightforward qualification criteria are:
- no insurer has ever declined to insure you, or refuse to renew or terminate your Employers, Public or Products Liability insurance.
- you or your directors or partners have never been convicted of or charged with (but not yet tried for) a criminal offence, other than a motoring offence, except as provided for under the Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016.
- you or your directors or partners have never been owners, principals or partners of any other firm involved in this or a similar business which has been declared bankrupt.
- you have not suffered any losses or made any claims in the past three years for any of the perils or contingencies to which this insurance applies
- the total amount paid to Bona-Fide Sub Contractors does not exceed 25% of your annual turnover, unless you have specifically advised us to the contrary.
- where you are applying for Employer's Liability cover your payments to Labour Only Sub Contractors do not exceed €7,500 per year, unless you have specifically advised us to the contrary.
- any hot work you undertake, is carried out in accordance with the condition 13 i set out on page: 12 of the policy (See Below).